At TPT, we take protecting your customer information seriously.
TPT has a rich tradition of bringing great tours, wonderful memories and unique travel experiences to our travelers around the world. Our sites and applications are created to connect you – our most important traveler — with the best that TPT has to offer on the platforms and devices you prefer.
Effective Date: June 24, 2019
1. The Type of Information we collect:
We collect two basic types of information — personal information and anonymous information — and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, phone number, email address, username and password. We periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it longer than it is needed.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a tour or service from us, whether on our sites or through our agents, group leaders, or direct mail - including your postal address, telephone number, and payment information.
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account. Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information. Usage, viewing, and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites; use our applications on third-party sites, or platforms or open emails we send. Telephone calls that you make to our call center may be monitored or recorded; this will assist in training our staff and improving our service to you.
2. How We Collect Your Information:
Cookies help us to:
- Understand browsing habits on our website.
- Understand the number of visitors to this website and the pages visited.
- Remember you when you return to our website so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
4. Use of Your Information By TPT, Our Agents, Our Group Leaders, and our Travel Partners
A member of the TPT Team, will be the data controller for your information. The relevant data controller(s) can be determined here.
- To secure payment and provide you with the products and services you request.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
- To market or sell TPT product to you or to offer you other travel related products that they feel may be of interest to you.
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services.
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications.
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications. To learn more about how we use your information for personalization and tracking, please see your Controls and Choices.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
5. Sharing your Information
We will not share your personal information (other than with travel professionals we work with) except in limited circumstances, including:
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like travel, transportation, package, information delivery and customer service; these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
- Securing payment for products and services purchased through TPT.
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites and to estimate the total number of internet users who visit our websites from certain countries or regions of the world.
We reserve the right and are sometimes required by court orders or other laws to divulge information about the customer to law enforcement authorities, to government agencies or the court.
6. Controls and Choices:
TPT respects your right to access and control how your personal information is used. We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for receiving various types of marketing materials alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.
- You may choose to access certain third party social media websites and services (such as Facebook) through our site. When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies (including that the site may share information with us). You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites. Please refer to the relevant provider policies for more information.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 800-407-2096.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at:
7. Data Security and Integrity
We want you to feel confident about using TPT and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect traveler information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our website is a “DigiCert Secure Website”. All sensitive information, such as credit card information, is transmitted using the latest SSL (secure socket layer) technology, which ensures that any communication between your computer and TPT is unreadable by anyone else. Your details are communicated in a secure encrypted format. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
TPT will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. TPT will take steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate and complete.
8. Privacy Shield Principles, Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
Whenever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
TPT verifies that it adheres to all of the Privacy Shield Principles concerning the transfer of personal data from the European Union ("EU") to the United States ("U.S."). As part of this, we follow the Privacy Shield Principles published by the U.S. Department of Commerce ("the Principles") with respect to all such data.
The Privacy Shield Principles are:
- Accountability for Onward Transfer
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
- Recourse, Enforcement and Liability
9. Recourse, Enforcement and Liability
Individuals who wish to file a complaint or who take issue with TPT's EU U.S. Privacy Shield Principals should contact TPT's Consumer Advocate. TPT's Consumer Advocate will explain the process to be followed when filing a complaint.
2 Eagle Ridge Lane,
West Creek, NJ 08092
TPT will investigate and attempt to resolve all complaints and disputes in accordance with the principles contained in this policy.
TPT will conduct compliance audits of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this policy. Any employee that TPT determines is in violation of this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
TPT is also subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Consumers unable to resolve a complaint through The American Arbitrations Association’s International Centre for Dispute Resolution process may contact the Federal Trade Commission: Federal Trade Commission
Attn: Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20580
TPT is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
Data Controller The data controller is the employee, or employee(s) or affiliated entities of TPT that is responsible for the personal information collected from sites and applications, as follows:
IP Address An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Sensitive Personal Information Sensitive personal information means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or that concerns an individual’s health.
Notice Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us with, by posting notice of such changes on our sites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Personal Information Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual's name, postal address, email address, and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Our sites and applications may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party.